Tuesday, January 31, 2012

the sweetest thing.

Sunday was a very stressful day for me. I had lots of homework to do and on top of that I got a call from the Relief Society President the night before telling me that I needed to go to the ward council meeting in the morning before church and that I was in charge for Relief Society and there seemed to be a lot that needed to be done. New Ensigns needed to be passed out. Visiting teaching needed to get recorded and done. Just too much for little Erin to handle. 

But, in sacrament meeting I got the great opportunity to sit next to one of my FHE brothers who was just so nice and just asked me about my weekend and just nicely was talking to me. During sacrament meeting he decided to make and airplane. Immature was my first thought... Then he leaned over to me and said "I am going to write you a note on this airplane, but you can't read it till after sacrament meeting." and again I think, immature. But I say okay. He hands me the airplane and I set on my lap, waiting impatiently while all the speakers began to speak and finally the meeting came to an end. I have no idea why I was so excited to read this note... seriously. I was just so excited. So I open up this note and I was floored at what it said.


"Dearest Erin, First of all you are awesome! Next I would like to tell you I think it is really cool that you stopped texting when sacrament meeting started, thats really mature and a lot of people your age don't do that so thanks for being so reverent and a great example to me :) Love your fhe bro, Ryan"

I was having a crappy day, this note made me feel so much better.
Who knew that me putting my phone away during sacrament was such a big deal!? It was something that I always just did. The Lord doesn't sit and text while we are praying to him, so why should we be on our phones during sacrament when his servants are trying to teach us about his gospel. Putting you're phone away is the least you could do. I am so grateful for parents who made sure that I didn't have my phone with me at church, ever. I need to stop taking it to church again.


16 days till I am in Mesa  for my lovely cousins wedding :)

No comments:

Post a Comment