Sunday, June 17, 2012

as of late.

I am literally counting down the hours till I am out of school this semester. I have never read so many books, articles, essays, biographies, pamphlets, newspapers, texts, programs, notes, letters, signs, or anything else with words on it, more than I have this semester. To be very clear about how I feel, I hate reading. For a second at the beginning of the semester I thought I wanted to switch my Major to English. pffftttt. That's a joke. I would rather do math problems all day long than sit down and read a book for hours on end while I doze in and out of consciousness, drooling on the pages and constantly lossing my spot. Nope. I will never be an English major, that phase passed quickly.

So, I have this story. Me and my roomie Ashlee Love are completely obsessed with Costa Vida, alright it is more her than me. Anyways, so yesterday Ash comes home from class and I am doing my usual thing... nothing. She says, "I'm hungry. Let's go to Costa!" That was all that needed to be said. We were in the car and driving to Costa. So we get there and first of all, the workers were like way weird. This girl practically dropped our salads a gazillion times, no joke, and then she can't put them in the bag and I couldn't stop laughing (I know I am a terrible person) then so on a so forth, we are back in the car driving home. Oddly enough, the streets were way backed up with cars. Rexburg is so mysterious. Well, this car was trying to turn right out of the parking lot, so Ashlee being the good citizen she is waves them on. Only to see a little boy about ready to ride his bike in front of their car! The little boy stops as fast as he could, he hit the side of the car and the car ran over his toes. Holy canole my heart stopped and then started racing. The little boy started to cry and the car the hit him didn't even stop! We pulled into that parking lot calmed the little boy down (okay, ashlee calmed him down) and called his parents. How the heck do you tell a child's parents that he just almost got hit by a car and he got his toes ran over!? Goodness, that is a call I never want to get. His Grandpa came and picked him up and everything was fine, minus the fact that it was basically a hit and run, stupid high school kids in Rexburg think that they are the shizzz. He was okay and everything was fine. My heart didn't stop racing till we were home and I was eating my salad. So glad we got Costa.

Sometimes in college, you have annoying roommates or neighbors. Thankfully, I got slightly lucky with my roommates, my neighbors on the other hand, well that's a different story. sike. I love them. The worst thing that could happen though is that the people living above you are louder than a rock band. I never thought that you could walk SO loud or drop SO many things or scream and laugh SO loud. You see where I am going with this? I don't get annoyed that easily, okay maybe sometimes, but I have never had such noisy upstairs neighbors before. goodness gracious, shut up, I like to sleep not listen to you jump around till ridiculous hours of the night. gosh.

Now, I have these friends. They are pretty cool. I got to be on a dodgeball team this semester. The only girl with all these other guys that I kinda really only knew two of them before we started playing. And let's be honest, no older brother wants to be friends with his younger brothers girlfriend. Welp, good thing Ryan Anderson is a great sport and was cool with driving me to every dodgeball game and letting me be on his DODGEBALL CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING TEAM! yes, that's right everyone WE WON!!!! It was a happy day in dodgeball history. Now we get to sport our new champ swag. So happy I got to make some new friends and be on a winning team. :)




And the other big announcement...... my mothers wedding! it was so beautiful and fun :) I love my family so much! so happy for my mother and Brian! I have one good looking family.


No comments:

Post a Comment